Everything You Need to Know About Kennebunkport, Maine
Your time on the Maine coast is precious, and when you stay at the Cape Arundel Inn & Resort, you’ll seldom need to venture more than five or ten miles from home base to experience the sights, tastes and adventures that have filled your vacation dreams. The dancing waters of the Atlantic are at our front doorstep. Kennebunkport’s vibrant Dock Square is two miles away. So is Cape Porpoise, an authentic fishing village where you can watch lobstermen at work and dine with a lighthouse in view.
Season after season, Kennebunkport has a magnetic pull as strong as the moon’s sway over the ocean’s tides. From clam shacks to world-class restaurants, beaches to bucolic farms, historic attractions to hip contemporary art galleries, shoreline walking trails to yoga studios, it’s all here. Postcard scenes greet you at every turn. Days drift by at an easy, yet exhilarating pace. Kennebunkport has achieved that rare equilibrium between laid-back and sophisticated.
It thrills us to welcome new visitors to our seaside community. And if you’ve been to Kennebunkport before, we invite you to return. These annual events are the perfect excuse to plan a trip!
Top Annual Events in Kennebunkport for 2017
Christmas Prelude – November 30-December 10
Top Annual Events in Kennebunkport for 2018
Polar Plunge at Kennebunk Beach – January 1
Paint the Town Red – January 27-February 28
- Saturday, January 27th: Frosted! a freezing good time Ice Bar, 7-10pm. Custom ice bar with luge, light snacks, s’mores & hot chocolate bars, and entertainment. Ticket include two signature drinks. Cash bar available as well. Tickets are $50/person (discount expires January 1, 2018). Don’t get left in the cold. Purchase Tickets for FROSTED!
- Saturday, February 3rd: Bubbles & Truffles with Chef Pierre Gignac, 1-3pm. Chocolate truffles tasting paired with a flight of delicious sparkling wines. $40/person. Purchase Tickets for Bubbles & Truffles
- Saturday, February 10th: Wines & Valentines at the Kennebunkport Inn, 1-3pm. Join The Burleigh team for their annual Valentine’s wine tasting, Wines & Valentines. Enjoy wine pairings and delicious small plates. $15/person or $25/couple. Purchase Tickets for Wines & Valentines
- Saturday, February 10th: Earth at Hidden Pond’s Winter Dinner, 6:00pm. Can’t wait until May for a taste of Earth? Join us for an exclusive first look of Chef Joe Schafer’s upcoming 2018 menu. Your evening at The Lodge on the Cove begins with a welcome cocktail reception hosted by the Hidden Pond & Earth teams followed by a three-course family-style dinner showcasing new recipes & menu favorites. $125++ per person Purchase Tickets for Earth’s Winter Dinner
- Saturday, February 17th: Drinks Through the Decades, 1-3pm. Learn how to prepare iconic cocktails from five decades of libations. $40/person. Purchase Tickets for Drinks Through the Decades
- Saturday, March 3rd: Pierre’s Table at Ocean, 6pm. Join Chef Pierre Gignac for a special welcome cocktail reception and 3-course dinner inspired by his Franco-Canadian heritage. $55/peron or $75/person with wine. Purchase Tickets for Pierre’s Table
Kennebunkport Food, Wine & Art Festival – June 4-9
Independence Day Fireworks – July 4
Laudholm Nature Crafts Festival – September 8-9
Kennebunk HarvestFest – TBD
Christmas Prelude – November 29-December 9
More Kennebunkport Info
Nearest Airport: Portland International Jetport, Portland, Maine
Nearest Train Station: Wells Regional Transportation Center, Wells, Maine
Driving Time: 40 minutes from Portland, 90 minutes from Boston, 3 hours from Hartford, 5 hours from New York City
Visit Destination Kennebunkport for more travel tips and Kennebunkport highlights.