Cape Arundel Inn & Resort’s Reservations Policies
Reservations: Reservations for Cape Arundel Inn & Resort can be made by telephone or online. A room is not reserved until a credit card has been obtained for deposit. Please note: upon confirmation of your reservation, you are obligated for the deposit, as outlined below. A confirmation email will be sent to you. Should you not receive a confirmation email it is your responsibility to contact us to ensure we have the correct information on file.
Deposit and Payment: All deposits will be charged at the time of booking and applies to any and all date(s) of your reservation. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Cash, check and gift certificates issued by the Cape Arundel Inn & Resort and the Kennebunkport Resort Collection are also accepted. If you plan on using a gift certificate, please let us know at the time of booking. The following structure applies to calculate a deposit:
- 1 night: Full amount (including tax)
- 2+ nights: 50% of the total amount (including tax)
- Advance Purchase requires payment in full at time of reservation, including taxes & fees
We are a small Kennebunkport hotel; therefore, cancellations affect us significantly. If you find it necessary to change or cancel your reservation, we require a minimum of 21 days’ notice to receive a refund of your deposit, less a $50 administration fee. Should you cancel within 21 days of your arrival date, your reservation is non-cancellable and non-refundable, and the deposit will be forfeited.
- Christmas Prelude: If your reservation is for our annual Christmas Prelude, we require a minimum of 30 days’ notice to receive a refund of your deposit, less a $50 administration fee.
Please note, guests are always welcome to send a friend or family member to take their place as a guest of the Cape Arundel Inn & Resort.
Minimum Stays: 2, sometimes 3 night minimum stays are required during peak season and for all major holiday weekends. If our availability allows for a one night stay we may make an exception to the minimum stay policy.
Additional Persons: All rooms are quoted for double occupancy. A third person may be accommodated for an additional $50 per person, per night in select rooms. Please note, the Cape Arundel Inn & Resort does not have pull-out sofas, cots or portable cribs.
Traveling with Children: Find a family-friendly hotel within the Kennebunkport Resort Collection.
Check in/out: Check-in is guaranteed by 3:00 PM. Please contact the hotel prior to arrival if you would like to request an earlier check in time. Should you arrive after the desk has closed, please call the front desk for instructions on how to retrieve your room key. Check-out time is prior to 11:00 AM. Late check-outs are based on availability and may incur an additional fee.
Smoking: Cape Arundel Inn & Resort is 100% non-smoking. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the property. There is a $250 cleaning fee if we find guests have smoked in or outside of the rooms.
Alcohol: Due to Maine State Law, only “Inn Served” alcoholic beverages can be consumed in public areas, including our front porch. If you wish to bring alcohol it can only be consumed in the privacy of your room.
Taxes & Fees: A resort fee of $35 per night, 9% Maine State Sales Tax, 2% Destination Fee, and a 1% Community Impact Fee are applied to all room reservations.
- Our Destination Fee is collected to fund the promotion of Kennebunkport as a destination, support the growth of attractions and events in the area, and to sustain other tourism development initiatives.
- The Kennebunkport Resort Collection is committed to keeping the Kennebunks a welcoming locale and building up our community through charitable and service initiatives. Our focuses are affordable housing, protecting wildlife habitats, and creating spaces for the youth of our community.
Gift Cards: Purchase a Kennebunkport Resort Collection Gift Card!
Winter Front Desk Hours: Our front desk is open daily, Sunday-Thursday from 8:00am-6:00pm, and Friday-Saturday from 8:00am-8:00pm. We recommend guests contact us via email at email@example.com outside of normal business hours.